Full-Service Website Hosting
Does your current website hosting package include free monthly maintenance? Ours does.
Every website needs a host. That's the computer that stores your website's files and "serves" them up whenever someone types in your domain name. But websites ALSO need someone to maintain them, which can get pretty expensive. That's why we offer full-service website hosting, which gives you not only top-knotch hosting service with the power of a virtual private server, but FREE monthly maintenance, so you can keep your site up to date without worrying about the cost. Call 609-898-4500 or send us an email to find out if our website hosting services are right for you.
Premium Services What sets us apart
- 30 minutes/month website maintenance and support, including assistance with Facebook and TripAdvisor
- 15 minutes/month phone support
- 30-minute in-office annual meeting and website review
- Monthly invoice for additional maintenance/support
- On-site meeting (up to 1 hour)
- Constant Contact or Mail Chimp mailing*
- Email setup assistance
Hosting Setup What you expect
- Linux server running CentOS release 5
- PHP 5.2.6 & MySQL version 5.0.22
- Unlimited bandwidth and CPU
- Unlimited e-mail accounts and aliases
- Plesk control panel, if requested
- FTP access, if requested
- Website backups available
- Vacation auto-responders (just call to have it set up!)
- Domain name redirects and domain aliases
* Text and images for emails must be provided at least 3 business days before the email is to be sent. We regret we cannot accommodate same-day requests. You must provide us with your Constant Contact or Mail Chimp login (or make us an authorized user on your Mail Chimp account). This does not include access to CapeMay.com's mailing list.
Scope of Support
This article defines what responsibilities we have your website host, and what responsibilities belong to you as the customer. See our Customer Knowledgebase
- Website maintenance
- After we design your website, we take pride in maintaining it. We provide all aspects of site maintenance, from daily text and image changes, to improving search engine optimization, to full website redesigns.
If Cape Publishing did not design your website, but you wish us to host and maintain it, we will assist you with basic text and image changes, and assistance with social networking. We regret we cannot provide SEO services for outside designs.
- Basic CMS / e-commerce instruction
- If we built your website on a content management system (CMS), we will provide you with the steps you will need to take in order update your website's content.*
If we built your website on an e-commerce system, we will provide you with the information you need to log in, update your product information, and fulfill orders.*
* We cannot train you in updating your CMS or e-commerce system's template files, which control the styles and layout of your website. If you choose to do this on your own, we cannot reverse or correct any changes you should make.
- Software installed by us
- If we installed software on your website, such as a CMS or shopping cart, we will upgrade the core files, if needed.
- Server operation
- We constantly monitor our server to make sure it is fully functional, including all services such as apache, e-mail, and FTP access.
- Understanding of your computer, programs, and smartphone
- We cannot assist or instruct you in the use your personal or business computers or a smartphone. If you are in the South Jersey area, we recommend looking into computer classes offered at Atlantic Cape Community College. If you need assistance with your phone, please contact a store such as Radio Shack.
- Website design and graphic design training
- We cannot instruct you in HTML, CSS, PHP, or the use of your design and editing programs. We are unable to provide troubleshooting of code that you or a third party write.
- E-mail signatures, rules/filters, and spam filtering
- We are happy to assist you in setting up your e-mail account within Outlook or Thunderbird, but we cannot advise on everyday uses such as e-mail signatures, custom rules and filters, or using your "junk" or "spam" folder.
- Software installed by you / Hosted software
- If you maintain your own website and installed software, such as a blog or shopping cart, it is your responsibility to update and troubleshoot the software.
If you use hosted software, such as Blogger or Google Calendar, you will need to work with their Customer Support to troubleshoot any issues.
- Social networking and third-party website profiles
- You maintain your own social networking profiles and accounts on websites other than CapeMay.com. We cannot update profiles on your behalf. (We will happily assist in the initial setup of a Facebook page for your business, though you must continue to update it.)